The Carnival of Malaga is one of the great festivals of the capital of the Costa del Sol (Málaga), together with Easter, the Christmas lights or the Malaga Fair.
The Malaga Carnival is also known as the Warm Winter Festival.
In addition, other activities are carried out such as workshops, street parades, gastronomic tastings, carnival contests in the districts, concluding with the 3 great events of the Malaga Carnival: the battle of the flowers, the Great Carnival Parade and the burial of the Boqueron on the beach.
The Carnival of Malaga 2023 is officially celebrated from Saturday, February 11 to Sunday, February 19, 2023, the day on which the traditional burial of the anchovy is celebrated on the Malagueta beach.
However, the activities of the Malaga Carnival 2023 begin days before, with the celebration of the opening conference of the Malaga Carnival 2023 on Friday, February 3 at 7:00 p.m.
Most important dates of the Malaga Carnival 2023.
* The preliminaries of the Malaga Carnival of 2023 are held between January 27 and February 1, 2023.
* The Grand Final of the COAC Málaga 2023 will be held on Saturday, February 10 at 8:00 p.m. at the Teatro Cervantes.
* Great Carnival Gala, proclamation and election of God and Goddess: Saturday February 11, 20:00.
* Great Carnival Parade of Malaga: Sunday, February 12, 5:30 p.m.
* Battle of flowers in Calle Larios: Saturday, February 18 at 8:00 p.m.
* Burial of the Boquerón on the Malagueta beach: Sunday, February 19 at 5:00 p.m.